Leslie Ann Jones is a trailblazer and Multiple Grammy-winning Recording Engineer. A most respected and revered engineer among her peers with a career spanning decades, Leslie has had the pleasure of working with many incredibly talented artists at several historic studios and is presently Director of Music Recording and Scoring at Skywalker Sound, where she’s been since 1997.
To say Leslie's list of accomplishments is impressive is an understatement. Here are a few:
- Recording Engineer at ABC Studios in Los Angeles 1975
- Engineer at the legendary Automatt Studios in San Francisco, 1977
- National Officer of National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences
- Sound engineer and Road manager for Fanny, in the 1970s
- Multiple time Grammy Award nominee and FIVE-time Grammy Award Winner for:
- 2003- Winner for Best Chamber Music Album- The Kronos Quartet, ‘Berg: Lyric Suite’
- 2005-Winner Best Jazz Vocal Album- Dianne Reeves, ‘ Good Night and Good Luck’
- 2010- Winner Best Engineered Album, Classical- Quincy Porter, Complete Viola Works
- 2018 was inducted into the TEC Awards Hall of Fame.
- She has worked with Rosemary Clooney, BB KING, Herbie Hancock, Myles Davis, Quincey Jones...just to name drop a few. Plus many many more. Video Games like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and GI JOE: Rise of the Cobras. Movies like Apocalypse Now. Audio advisory for the Grammys House Sound.